Episode 38 of The Sailing Podcast is with Nick Jaffe whose story is documented in the movie Between Home – Odyssey of an Unusual Sea Bandit.
Nick Jaffe was determined to sail between Europe and Australia and experience all that lies between the two significant parts of his life. His trip was put together with a shoestring budget which leaves him struggling to continue the trip at times.
During the interview we hear about:
- Choosing the Contessa 26′ for the journey
- How the movie came together
- Hauling the Contessa across the USA
- Nick’s latest trip from San Francisco to Australia
- How to check out the Between Home Trailer and download the movie
Click on the media player below to listen
Show Notes for the Between Home interview with Nick Jaffe
It is great to hear of a new sailing movie out there and I hope that you will check out the Between Home Movie trailer and follow the links to the download at Reelhouse.
We also mentioned places that you can find Nick. He has the journey documented on his blog which is at www.nickjaffe.com.au and you can retrace the journey there as well as some of his other trips including the most recent one back to Australia from San Francisco.
You can also catch up with Nick at the following places:
- Find Nick Jaffe on Facebook – maybe stop by and say thanks for the interview
- Catch up with Nick on Twitter
- https://twitter.com/hellojaffe or look for @hellojaffe
Here are some other photos from Nick’s journeys:
There are some other sailing movies in production at the moment which is very exciting. These include:
- One Simple Question Movie – and I hope to catch up with Teresa and Ben soon to see how it is progressing and
- Red Dot on the Ocean – which is the documentary of Matt Rutherford’s solo trip around the Americas
- You can check out our interview with Matt here
Here is the One Simple Question Movie Trailer:
Here is the Red Dot on the Ocean Movie Trailer:
Thank you for joining us on our journey
Share this episode with your friends!